Alex's bookshelf: read

Divergent
The Fault in Our Stars
The Hunger Games
Eragon
The Lightning Thief
The Fellowship of the Ring
Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone
The Golden Compass
The Giver
Number the Stars
Wonder
Island of the Blue Dolphins
Steve Jobs
Golden Boy
Paper Towns
Catching Fire
Mockingjay
Lone Survivor: The Eyewitness Account of Operation Redwing and the Lost Heroes of SEAL Team 10
Insurgent
Allegiant


Alex Amaya's favorite books »

Sunday, September 7, 2014

About the Author: M.T. Anderson

"It's insulting to believe that teens should have a different kind of book than an adult should. If we're going to ask our kids at age 18 to go off to war and die for their country, I don't see any problem with asking them at age 16 to think about what that might mean.”
For the past two blog posts, I have talked about the books I have either read, or I am reading. So know, I want to mix things up a bit. Therefore, I am going to give you a little background information on the author of Feed, M.T. Anderson. M.T. Anderson is a 41 year old author who is mostly known fro his children and young adult books. He was born in Cambridge, Massachusetts and attended Harvard College and the University of Cambridge. His most famous book, Feed is the one I am currently reading. He won the National Book Award for Young People's Literature in 2006 for The Pox Party. Before becoming a writer, he had other jobs like a burger flipper, a department store cashier, and a radian DJ. He has written over 60+ books with Feed being his first young adult book. Some of his previous books include Thirsty, a book about vampires, and Burger Wuss, a book about revenge on fast food. As you can see, these books were based off of his previous jobs. They were essentially his "inspiration". No one would ever think someone who is flipping burgers would eventually be as successful as this man. The most extraordinary and spectacular book he ever made is probably Octavian Nothing. It is a two-volume young-adult novel that runs 900 pages and is about the American Revolution. He also put the story in 18-century English. He really made it like it was from that time period. As you can see, this author is arguably one of the best in the young adult genre these days, and is constantly defending teenagers' intelligence level as appose to adults.

No comments:

Post a Comment