Writing Prompt: After listening to the reading of "Dover Beach" by Montag, Mrs. Phelps and Mrs. Bowles leave the house. Write a continuation of the story using details from the passage. Describe what you think might happen in either Mrs. Phelps or Mrs. Bowles' life after she leaves. What actions might she take next?
After Montag kicked us out of his house, I tried to comfort Mrs. Phelps and she told me, "I have never heard anything like that before... it was to much for me."
I left her at her house and headed for mine. As I shut the door behind me I thought to myself, 'Why would a fireman read a book? Montag must be crazy.' I was extremely annoyed at Montag and wondered why he read that poem to us. After all, poetry is pointless since it makes people upset for no reason. So why did people write poems?
"Hath really neither joy, nor love, nor light, nor certitude, nor peace, nor help for pain." My mind froze. I looked into the mirror and saw tears instead of joy. I decided to call the fire department and tell them what happened.
"Hello, fire department... yes you will not believe what just happened." I cursed the poem and everything Montag had done today. I took some sleeping pills, unaware of how many I was taking at a time and laid down on my bed. My life flashed all at once in front of me and I fell into a deep sleep.




















I'm pretty sure that you're actually supposed to do the prompt. Not tell us what the prompt is.
ReplyDelete