Over the weekend we had to read 6 columns, all about very different topics. My favorite was arguably "Winter Olympics: When USA hockey team beat Soviets in 1980, we knew it would last forever." by Mike Lupica. This was my favorite one because it, in my opinion, sent out the most powerful message. This plays in part to where the author talks about the 'American Spirit' or the 'American Dream' mainly in sports. but not only does the topic of the 'American Spirit' or the 'American Dream' but also in everything else having to do with America. Let me explain. The most evident example is the tragedy of September 11th, 2001. After this horrible event, America came together as one to try and fix the problem, just like the US Hockey team did in the 1980 Olympics against the Soviets.My least favorite one probably has to be "What will Kate Middleton's wedding dress look like?" by Robin Givhan. Honestly, I found nothing interesting about this column. I don't know if it is because of the fact that I am a guy and I don't find the topic of wedding dresses very interesting, or if it is something else. But honestly, I found nothing interesting about his column and it took me a while to concentrate and read it. (I feel like a critic now).
All in all, I can't wait for this unit and hopefully it is as good as Mrs. Bross has described it.




















Well written, Alex! I really liked how, instead of writing about all the columns, you just condensed it all down to most and least favorite. Very practical .-. Your opinions play well in your writing, and I can feel the 'alex' vibe.
ReplyDelete