A problem with many teenagers these days is that they give attitude or argue to their parents about pretty much anything. It can go from the fact that they want to stay up later, hang out with their friends, or if they want the newest iPhone for their birthday.
I'm going to be honest when I say that I for one, have a serious issue with this. My mom one day told me, "You know what would be the best job for you... a lawyer." And that is where the idea was born.
During our snow week, I had absolutely nothing to do being that I did not want to walk out into the negative temperatures. So, my dad offered me this book, "Talk Like TED: The 9 Public-Speaking Secrets of the World's Top Minds." Knowing the other books that I have blogged about, this wasn't up my alley. Yet, I picked it up and start reading. The author, Carmine Gallo, uses different speeches, aka short talks, to explain his 9 "secrets" on giving good speeches and presentations. For example, he talks about giving good attention grabbers and how to keep the audience engaged into the presentation. One of the most important points he made was, "You have to really be courageous about your instincts and your ideas. Otherwise you'll just knuckle under, and things that might have been memorable will be lost." (Gallo 181). This does not only apply to public speaking though. In life, you have to be happy and "courageous" about what you are doing. If you aren't satisfied with what you are doing, whatever if it is, do something about it.




















Wow!! Those videos were really awesome, there were really interesting videos about sooo many things. Good link, good post, good job =)
ReplyDelete